5/10/20

A conclusion, but not really

Is it appropriate to conduct an experiment and present your conclusions in metaphor?

Written 5/7/20


Half an inch isn’t much until it’s the space separating you from what you want most. Other people fill the space with hugs and kisses and words. They go through their days brushing together and go home at night with the colors of friends covering their skin. I try to do the same, but one of us always flinches, and they pass half an inch from me. I go home colorless unless I push myself into the center of the madness and take them. It feels strange to do, but I can’t paint the colors I want on my own skin.

And is it really half an inch, or is it miles and hours and silence? Am I colorless because I’m forgettable, or am I forgettable because I’m colorless? Tonight the loneliness is my fault. Maybe it always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say whatever you like so long as it's respectful. Thanks, stranger.